Passwords...
Did you know that the average number of passwords each of us has is now 20, and its rising by 20% every year. Passwords are easily guessed by experienced password thieves, and its pretty easy to get hold of so called "key logging" software to track which keys are being pushed on a particular keyboard... even if you think you are being "cunning" by exchanging letter3 for number3, the hackers are a step ahead... some of them have built neat little apps that (within seconds) can go through the entire dictionary, popular culture words, names of celbrities etc, and replace all likely letters in those with numbers, and are b0ound to hit upon your cleverly chosen password of "posh sp1ce" or whatever...
So - obviously the best thing to do is pick passwords like this: E%^7mnsjkhfxz000 - but how the hell do you keep track of 20 or so passwords like this!? Well, you cant - not securely anyway...
There are some service whereby you can keep an anonymous, encrypted "box" for all your passwords in... like BoxKnox for example - but you are still trusting an external source at the end of the day.
I don't know what the answer is to be honest, but for now my own method is to keep my passwords hidden within saved text messages on my mobile phone... oh, I've just given it away - better delete those then!!!
Tara for now... I'm off to download some key logging software.... :0)
So - obviously the best thing to do is pick passwords like this: E%^7mnsjkhfxz000 - but how the hell do you keep track of 20 or so passwords like this!? Well, you cant - not securely anyway...
There are some service whereby you can keep an anonymous, encrypted "box" for all your passwords in... like BoxKnox for example - but you are still trusting an external source at the end of the day.
I don't know what the answer is to be honest, but for now my own method is to keep my passwords hidden within saved text messages on my mobile phone... oh, I've just given it away - better delete those then!!!
Tara for now... I'm off to download some key logging software.... :0)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home